Last updated: 19 September 2020
Who we are
The Amsterdam Student Debatverening Bonaparte (ASDV Bonaparte) is registered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, contactable at email@example.com or Nieuwe Achtergracht 170, 1018 WV Amsterdam. We are registered in the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce under number 34182635. Our website address is: https://www.asdvbonaparte.nl.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Your name (first and last name)
- Your date of birth
- Your home address
- Your contact number
- Your email address
- The educational institution and student number, and optionally your study
- Your bank account number (IBAN)
- During activities, you may be included in photos and videos we take. You may opt out by informing us any time.
For the purposes of our events and activities such as debate evenings or tournaments, we may sometimes require further information. You will always be asked for consent when providing said information, and we will inform you of your rights. We will inform you the purpose of said information, how it will be processed and for how long it will be kept.
Why we collect such personal information
We collect this data in accordance with rules regarding membership procedures or for the purpose of organisation of an activity. Regarding membership procedures, this data is necessary for the collection of membership dues and the protection of the interests of members. Regarding activities, this data is necessary for the proper organisation of activities, including but not limited to, ascertaining the three-time limit for non-members to attend debate evenings, the division of attendees for debate evenings and tournaments, reservations or bookings for events, identity verification of members for events.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Cookies and analytics
What types of cookies do we use?
Our website uses:
- Functionality – ASDV Bonaparte uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer.
- Performance – ASDV Bonaparte uses these cookies to speed the use of the website.
- Analytics – ASDV Bonaparte uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. These cookies are used purely for us to understand how visitors use the website for the site’s analytics report. The data collected is anonymous.
- Any other type of cookie and the functions of each specific cookie is provided below. A distinction is made between necessary cookies which are required for your use of the website, and any additional cookies which only are used once you provide your consent.
How to manage cookies
Upon your first visit to the website, you will be prompted with a banner on whether you consent to cookies being used. This only applies for additional and third-party cookies. Certain necessary cookies are required for your use of the website.
Cookies we use
- CSRF–TOKEN – security token. This cookie is associated with Django web development platform for python. Used to help protect the website against Cross-Site Request Forgery attacks. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded after 11 months.
- pll_language – This cookie is set by Polylang plugin for WordPress powered websites. The cookie stores the language code of the last browsed page. It is a functionality cookie that is necessary for the website to function. It contains no personal data and is discarded within 365 days.
- _gat – website session cookie, installed by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate to limit the colllection of data on high traffic sites. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- _gid – installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected includes the number of visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form. This cookie is discarded within 1 day.
- _ga – installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors. This cookie is discarded within 730 days.
Third party cookies used on our website
- Instagram: urlgen, mid (expires after 9 years)
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
- The data we collect is shared with current board members of ASDV Bonaparte for the execution of their duties.
- Limited data (student numbers) is shared with educational institutions in the Amsterdam area to support the activities of the association by providing office space for the association and financial support to board members.
- Limited data (name and email address) is shared with Mailchimp to send our association emails.
- Limited data (photos during activities) will be shared on the Facebook and/or Instagram pages, and in the internal WhatsApp group. Photos shared externally on our social media pages will only be posted with your explicit consent.
How long we retain your data
We keep this data for as long as necessary to fulfil our legal obligations for record-keeping. This means that the data is kept for up to seven (7) years for financial reporting needs.
What rights you have over your data
- The right to data portability. The right to transfer personal data that you provide to us to others.
- The right to be forgotten. The right to request that your data be deleted.
- The right of inspection. That is the right to see the personal data that we have from you.
- The right to rectification and supplementation. The right to change your personal data that we have.
- The right to have less data processed.
- The right of oversight for automated decision-making and profiling. In other words: the right to a human look at decisions.
- The right to object to data processing.
You always have the right to withdraw permission for your data or specific parts of your data to be processed by us. If you would like to do so or have a complaint about the data processing you can contact the secretary of the association via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within one (1) month of receiving it. You can also file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
If you have filled up forms or registered as a member, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. To do so, contact the secretary of the association via email@example.com
Are you obligated to provide this data?
Yes, your personal data is necessary to join ASDV Bonaparte and to participate in activities and events that we organise. Depending on the data you refuse to provide, you may not be able to enrol as a member or participate in activities or events.
Will this data be transferred outside of the EU?
Yes. As of now your data is stored on secure Google Drive servers. The storage of this data abides by EU data protection laws.
The European Commission’s Data Protection Directive is an important piece of privacy legislation passed by the European Union (EU) in 1995. It restricts the movement of data from the EU to non-EU countries that do not meet the EU’s “adequacy” standard for privacy protection. Processing personal data strictly within the EU is one means of compliance with the Directive. Other means of compliance don’t require data location within the EU, such as the use of European Commission-approved model contract clauses.Google Cloud Compliance
Do we use automated services for profiling you or making decisions?
Form submissions may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Do we collect data about you from other sources?
No, we only collect the data you specifically, actively and directly provide us with.
Protection of your data
ASDV Bonaparte is extremely committed to the protection of your data and takes appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised changes.
Do you feel that your data is not being sufficiently protected or that there are indications of abuse, or have you found a security breach? Then contact the secretary of the association via firstname.lastname@example.org.